Friday, February 13, 2009

Phil and I are having a great time in Charleston! Wyatt is the best little baby anyone could ask for and we just can't stop hugging and kissing on him! Michelle's pediatrician told her to take him out and not just keep him inside all the time so he had his first outing on Monday. We went to the downtown market and then out to lunch. Tuesday we all took him to the doctor again and then after dropping he and mommy off at home, Phil and I went to Patriot's Point and toured the USS Yorktown (aircraft carrier), a submarine, and a coast guard vessel. We saw a destroyer but couldn't tour it as it is undergoing some preservation work. It was a wonderful tour and made us really appreciate the experiences our fathers had in the Navy. Phil's dad, Chuck, served in World War II as a gunner on an aircraft carrier and my dad served during peace time a bit later aboard a destroyer. I am amazed at what we saw! Brave, strong and resilient are words that come to mind! Wednesday, we ventured out again with Wyatt to the mall. Thursday, Phil and I got brave and found our way to Angel Oak which is a HUGE oak tree that is awesome! Then we journeyed on to Folly Beach. Today after Josh finished his pediatric surgery test, we met downtown and went to the market again and some friends of Josh and Michelle's took us on a carriage tour of the city. I cannot get enough of this place! I love the architecture and the history and I wish I could buy a vacation home here!

1 comment:

Deena said...

Sounds like a really great time! My brother lives out there. I hear it's beautiful.